Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hipst-Earth and a Haiku



This totally is
not a parody of my
childhood dream.  Nope.

***

Friday (yesterday, when I drew this) was geology day at my science camp job.  Rocks are cool, but sometimes they're not, like igneous rock or lava.  When I was in elementary school, I really wanted to be either a paleontologist or a geologist.  I used to know a lot about rocks and dinosaurs, but I've since forgotten most of it.  Every so often, I find my old books or stuff from my rock collection.  Frankly, who DIDN'T have a rock collection?!  Mine's still on my window sill.

Suggested Reading: "Spirit Week" by me

6 comments:

  1. Oh. Found your blog. Gonna spy on you now. Also, I had a brother who wanted to be a paleontologist too, but then he morphed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh dangit Johnathan I'm going to have to get a new blog now.

      Delete
  2. Haha, I love that cartoon so much! Fun fact, both my parents are geologists. Their jobs are way cool, and our house is freaking loaded with rocks. Their combined rock collections fills most of our back yard. It's ridiculous. My personal rock collection is a lot smaller, but I've got tons of really cool stuff that isn't very typical of a 16-year old's tiny rock collection. The perks of having geologist parents I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this is so funny! (Indie rock- no thanks, I only listen to metapmorphic rock.) I remember I used to have rock-collecting competitions with my friends and would hoard dozens of rocks in my desk at a time.

    //kani

    ReplyDelete