Saturday, May 24, 2014

AW YES COMIC/ZINE! [UPDATED 2014/5/26]

LOOK AT THIS:




NOW LOOK AT THIS:
The name for the phenomena of seeing faces in inanimate objects is called Pareidolia

I can't really take a picture of the last item because it's an abstract thought, but I think I did pretty well on the Psychology test. BUT I COMPLETED MY LIST YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

[ahem]
But anyway I think I'm far enough along to safely say that I am making my first zine!
Oh ok, it's more of a comic book, which is also a first!  It's called "SPIRIT WEEK" and I'm making it for a charity event on Friday.  It's 12 pages long with 10 pages of comic strips.  I can probably get it finished by then.  Probably.

More news to come.  Stay classy, bloggers.

***UPDATE MAY 26, 2014***
I need to make an illustration for this post.
Also: I am going to review the items above.

Ooh, a color illustration!!!

DARIUS THE PLANT (left)
Sort of fuzzy, with nice little plump leaves.  The leaves at the bottom are magenta-purple.  Really cute, I like Darius.

LORRAINE THE PLANT (right)
Smaller, but with more stems.  All the leaves are perpendicular to the stems and there are four to a bunch.  I think I over watered this one a little, because some of the leaves are shriveled.  Oh no!  Lorraine, I will try to make you well again!  Cute plant, very nice.

OFF-BRAND HULA HOOP
Not a "Hula" hoop.  Filled with water.  I really dig the sparkly polka dots.  I would normally go with pink or purple, but the blue looks nice.  My record for keeping it going in a confined space (about 6' x 6') is about 15 minutes.  Do it whilst listening to 80's new wave, and you're good to go.  Very fun!!!  I've never had one of these, but I don't regret it at all!

MICHAEL'S GLITTER
Large pieces, gets everywhere.  Multicolored reddish maroon.  I'm sure I'll find a use for it.  Maybe I won't get this sized glitter again.  Somewhat fun.

DIPLOID LOVE
Brody Dalle
Queen of Hearts, 2014
I'm going to have to listen through it a few more times, but this might be the record I listen to every day this summer before I put it on my phone (and listen to it every day) in the fall.  It's sort of a mix of punk/hard rock/but also sort of poppy.  So far, "Oh The Joy" is my favorite part of this record, it's one of the most punk songs here.  I've been listening to more of her Distillers stuff, and now I really want to see one of Brody Dalle's shows!  Fun? Fun!!!

LAWN
Grassy.  Slightly damp.  Not really my thing.  A bit fun, adds nice color.

DIRT
Dirty.

COMIC BOOK UPDATE
I'm done with 8 out of 10 pages, I'm definitely going to finish by Thursday, at the latest.

Tell me what you've been reading or listening to down in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment