Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Brain Scoop is Fantastic and everyone needs to watch it because SCIENCE



One of my favorite YouTube channels is a STEM channel about biology called The Brain Scoop.  I wanted to make a post about The Brain Scoop but after reading Rookie yesterday, I became inspired.
The Brain Scoop is hosted by Emily Graslie, who now works at the Field Museum in Chicago.  Her career of museum curating seems really cool, but I'm super bummed that this kind of internet sexism still exists.  The Brain Scoop is one of the best channels and a great educational show, and I cannot even comprehend how anyone could make sexist comments about her. Regardless, I've started to volunteer occasional events at a local science museum, because her work JUST SEEMS SO COOL.



No comments:

Post a Comment